Our customer is SaaS company providing central monitoring platform to the pharmaceutical industry. The solution is a web based product/engine which utilizes statistical algorithms to assess the quality, accuracy and integrity of clinical trial data. The company is scaling up with offices in Brussels and the US.
What You will Be Doing
- Lead the DevOps capability, act as a chapter lead and coach more junior DevOps engineers
- Design and implement orchestrations tools, deployment pipelines, and foundational infrastructure platforms to support our internal development as well as our sizable base of customers. You will be tasked with setting up the CI / CD pipelines using microservice methodology.
- Collaborate with talented engineers, designers, and product managers to find elegant and manageable solutions to new and complex product needs.
- Enhance overall platform security by using modern tools to design, test, and improve existing products, and implementing security-focused solutions to new problems.
- Author and maintain tools that reliably manage infrastructure, specifically in the areas of : Environment/Application build out, maintenance and audit, System and network monitoring, Configuration management Participate in architecture enhancement and scalability projects Support development, release and production of our applications Troubleshoot and solve technology problems in production and development environments
- Handle day-to-day tasks and other routine maintenance as required including Quality Assurance processes (DRP, Backups, security restrictions)
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years of total experience out of which 4+ years relevant experience in Linux/Unix system engineering/administration.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience at least in one scripting language.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with databases including MySQL, Mongo & Elasticsearch.
- Have a genuine passion and curiosity towards tech, with a willingness to experiment, evaluate, and introduce other team members to new frameworks, technology, and workflows, and be willing to work on a huge array of differing technology solutions.
- Have hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment systems, and an understanding of how to make Test Driven Infrastructure work in complex environments.
- Strong knowledge on container native build pipelines (Jenkins, Drone, GitLab or other tools). Experience of containerization tools.
- Previously created and operated internal API Gateways.
- Demonstrated experience supporting production web infrastructure in cloud environments running Linux (Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu). Understand how to configure, troubleshoot, and tune fleets of Linux-based servers.
- Expertise in automation using languages, such as shell, Python, PHP, or Ruby Have a passion for performance, benchmarking, testing, monitoring and logging all of the things.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to speak with stakeholders and communicate with different tech teams.
- Fluent English.
The Technical Stack
Top Reasons to Work Here
- A challenging and rewarding job in an ambitious startup
- Work for a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary and international team
- Competitive salary and benefits, including company car
- Geek & Startup atmosphere
- Want to work sometimes from home or work different hours? You can work 1 day from home weekly and can come flexible hours between 7:00-11:00 in the morning.
- Flat hierarchy
- Ssome perks which are offered: free drinks, cookies, fruits, etc…
How to Apply
Please apply using the “Apply” button!
The role will be permanently based at the Belgium office. Work permit for Non-EU residents is provided.