Our customer is SaaS company providing central monitoring platform to the pharmaceutical industry. The solution is a web based product/engine which utilizes statistical algorithms to assess the quality, accuracy and integrity of clinical trial data. The company is scaling up with offices in Brussels and the US.
What you will be doing
- The Engineering Manager is first and foremost a team manager. You will have the respect of your teams because you are technical by training, because you know how to plan and deliver on time but also because you have that soft skill of understanding and caring about people.
- You are a great team builder, an excellent recruiter, a great communicator, and a great issue resolver.
- You set the direction for an engineering department are in charge of the entire organization.
- You hire and manage a strong and unified technology team. Develop, motivate and keep talent. Manage Third party technology providers.
- You are responsible for establishing together with the Lead Application Architect and the Lead DevOps the technical strategy. Design, validate and implement a Tech Roadmap.
- You are supporting the Chief Product Officer in managing the annual bottom-up budget for the engineering department.
- Responsible for setting and approving policies as well as establishing department guidelines. You ensure good communication and knowledge sharing across the entire engineering organization as well as outside your organization (product, R&D).
- You report to the Chief Product Officer.
What You Need for this Position
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience.
- A strong background in OOP in at least one of the following language: Python, Java, C# or C++.
- Experience interfacing with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL).
- Experience in IT infrastructure (multi-processing, load balancing, queuing).
- Experience in software networking (ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Websockets).
- Good knowledge of development best practices (testing, design patterns, etc).
- Have a genuine passion and curiosity towards tech, with a willingness to experiment, evaluate, and introduce other team members to new frameworks, technology, and workflows, and be willing to work on a huge array of differing technology solutions.
- Have hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment. systems, and an understanding of how to make Test Driven Infrastructure work in complex environments.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to speak with stakeholders and communicate with different tech teams. Strong English speaking skills.
- Experience in implementing SAAS/Cloud based solutions is a big plus.
Top Reasons to Work Here
- A challenging and rewarding job in an ambitious startup
- Work for a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary and international team
- Competitive salary
- Geek & Startup atmosphere
- Want to work sometimes from home or work different hours? We can work something out!
- Flat hierarchy
- Fun and enjoyable working environment
- Some of the perks offered: free drinks, cookies, fruits, etc…
How to Apply
Please apply using the “Apply Online” button!
The role will be permanently based at the Belgium office. Work permit for Non-EU residents is provided.